Our Team Is Trusted Throughout Memphis for Chimney & Fireplace Repair Services
If you ask us, no other appliance quite matches a fireplace when it comes to comfort and coziness. Sure, a new oven looks nice in your kitchen, and there’s no denying a new dishwasher will make your life more convenient… but do they bring people together? Warm you up? Help you relax? Play a part in creating lasting memories? Not so much.
Fireplaces, on the other hand, truly affect the ambiance of your space. They become focal points that people gather around during the holidays, and they provide a comforting space for you to unwind in at the end of a long day.
Long story short? Fireplaces help make your house a home. And it’s because of this that hiring a team you can trust for repairs is so essential.
We Offer Quality Workmanship That Lasts
MadeWell Masonry has over 40 years of experience finding and repairing chimney and fireplace damage, and you can trust that our repairs will last. We’re not about administering a quick fix then going on our way. We provide reliable solutions with quality materials that last for years.
For quality workmanship you can depend on, we’re the team to call for:
- Tuckpointing & Brick Replacement: Water can break down your brickwork and mortar in a hurry, and once damage occurs, it will only worsen with time. We can remove damaged mortar and replace it with new materials (i.e. tuckpointing), as well as replace any bricks that are missing or damaged.
- Firebox Repairs & Rebuilding: Your firebox is the area where the fires actually take place, so keeping it in tip-top shape is vital. We can repair or rebuild a damaged firebox with quality firebricks and high-temperature refractory mortar.
- Smoke Chamber Parging: Many smoke chambers of the past were built with a corbeled (or stair step) design, but what we’ve discovered since then is that this can really inhibit proper airflow and send smoke back into your home. That’s why smoke chambers nowadays are being parged smooth.
- Chimney Relining: If you don’t have a quality chimney liner installed (or if your liner was installed incorrectly) your home could be in real danger of catching fire. You’ll also be more likely to have smoke and carbon monoxide leak into your living space.
- Damper Repair: A broken damper can affect draft and airflow, allow cold downdrafts into your home, and make your system essentially inoperable. We can repair or replace your damaged damper, so you can get back to using your system with ease and peace of mind.
- Wooden Chimney Chase Repair: Wooden chimney chases are vulnerable to water damage and rotting when not adequately cared for and protected. We can correct common issues and equip you with preventive measures to avoid further problems down the line.
How Can I Spot Damage?
So, one of the biggest issues with chimney and fireplace damage is that they’re usually not detected until the issues have gone from small and manageable to big, time-consuming, and expensive to address. But knowing what to watch for and calling us in early can help keep affordable fixes from getting out of hand.
We recommend keeping an eye out for loose or missing brickwork, crumbling mortar, broken clay pieces, white staining on your masonry (aka efflorescence), cracks in your chimney crown, a damaged damper, or leak-related damages in the chimney or in your home.
We also urge customers to always invest in annual inspections to ensure any issues are promptly spotted and addressed before the start of each burning season.
Follow Our 4-Step Plan
If you’ve noticed discoloration, damaged masonry, or any broken down areas of your chimney, follow our 4-step plan today.
Schedule a visit with our qualified crew.
Review the quote we provide.
Invest in necessary repairs.
Enjoy your fireplace with peace of mind.